Level I Complete Beauty Makeup Class
At Terri Tomlinson Makeup Training Academy we offer top-level professional training to new and existing makeup artists from our studio in Dallas Texas. The Level 1 Complete Beauty Makeup Class is for artists who want to build their technical skills, color knowledge, application, and theoretical understanding of makeup. Learn how to create professional makeup on another person regardless of skin tone or face shape. Learn the process of creating a beauty makeup that accentuates the face you are working on and bring out the individuals best.
Overview: Level I Complete Beauty Class
- the application of a complete beauty makeup on any skin tone
- color theory, foundation matching
- color correction and concealment
- proper hygiene and sanitation
- brush skills
- the best uses of different makeup products
- prepping and priming the skin
- natural makeup
- what is camera ready
- how to choose colors for eyes, cheeks, and lips
- dramatic looks for eyes, cheeks, and lips
- how to get started in a career as a freelance or professional makeup artist
What makes this class different?
In this professional makeup artist training course, you’ll be working on models each day. This is a super-intense class with a maximum of 4 students over a 5-day period. We focus on application and technique to create a full beauty makeup on any skin tone. Each day will include business topics as well so that you have an understanding of the industry and how to get started.
This class is 5 days long and meets Monday-Friday from 10-6.
Please see our schedule below for dates:
Level I Complete Beauty 5-Day
Register For Level 1 Complete Beauty Makeup
Policies and Procedures
Upon registering online you will receive an invoice via email for the corresponding deposit or payment. This is due upon receipt and can be paid online. You do not have a reserved place until the invoice is paid. Invoices that are unpaid will be voided after 10 days.
Details on Costs: Unless otherwise noted costs include kit, supplies, models, and photography fees. Students deposit is included in the cost of the course.
Payment Schedule, Refunds, and Cancelations: Intensive 10 Day Classes
- You must pay a $200 deposit upon registration to reserve a place in class. Upon registering you will receive an invoice via email for your deposit. This can be paid online and is valid for 10 days. Registrations received without a deposit are voided. (Classes may also be paid in full upon registration.)
- One month from start date, students will receive an invoice for the remaining balance
- Deposits are refundable up to three weeks before class begins minus a service fee of $25.00
- Cancelations within 2 weeks of start date qualify for a full refund minus deposit ($200) and a service fee of $75. ($275 total)
- Payment is due in full two weeks prior to start date.
- No refunds will be given once class begins. Missed days may be made up during another session only with specific permission from the instructor. Students will have one year to make up any time or class.
- Students who are not able to attend class and notify MTA prior to their start date may be eligible to transfer to the next available class at no additional cost. This is based on a case-by-case situation. Once a student has been allowed to transfer to another class, they forfeit any refunds if they are not able to attend
- Students must conduct themselves in a professional manner and treat their fellow classmates the same. Any student found to be mistreating any other student will be asked to leave and will not be eligible for a refund.
- Students are expected to be in attendance every day. Any missed time must be made up to complete the course. Students missing more than 7 hours of class will not receive their certificate of completion.
- Classes begin at 10 and students are expected to be in class and ready to learn at 10 sharp.
- There will be no concealed guns or weapons of any kind tolerated in the studio. We also have a no drug and no alcohol policy while in class.
- There is no smoking on the premises, this includes the patio area.
- Parking may be done on the street or in any of the interior parking garages in the area. These garages are free to visitors.
- Cell phones need to be put away during class and calls are not permitted. If you need to take or make an important call you may excuse yourself from class.
- Please keep all drinks and liquids in “kitchen” area.
- You are expected to clean up after yourself. At the end of the day, stations need to be straightened and cleaned and trash gathered.
- The inventory and cleanliness of each kit is your responsibility. Lost or misplaced makeup will not be replaced. You much operate out of the kit you are given.
- Do not remove or “borrow” anything off of Terri’s station or kit without explicit permission.
- MTA is not responsible for job placement once you have completed class.
- The state of Texas offers no licensing or certification for makeup artists. Your certificate of completion may be used for employment applications or professional discounts, however, offers you no legal benefits.
For more information on the Level 2 makeup training course, please call 800.531.5092, or email: moc.y1544917030medac1544917030agnin1544917030iartp1544917030uekam1544917030@ofni1544917030
Please note: All Level 2 classes are held at The Makeup Training Academy, which is located at 15713 Quorum Drive, in Addison, Texas (which is in the Dallas metro area).
*There is no legal certification in the state of Texas.