Level 2 Advanced Makeup Class
Level 2 Advanced Makeup Class is for makeup artists who have had some professional training or are currently working in the industry. Taught as a 5-day class, level 2 gives students the opportunity to expand their knowledge, become more creative and perfect their skill as makeup artists. Each day students work on models in a very personalized (max of 4 students at a time) hands-on environment. Taught by working professional makeup artist and educator Terri Tomlinson, Level 2 is about learning who you are as a creative person and how to use those skills in your career.
Overview: Level 2 Advanced Makeup Class
- corrective makeup techniques
- makeup for men
- advanced color theory
- makeup for bridal
- creating character makeup
- airbrush makeup
- how to blend solid theory with your own creativity
- how to translate fashion into makeup
- creating editorial makeup
- makeup for runway
- makeup for red carpet
What makes this class different?
In this professional makeup artist training course, you’ll be working on models each day and work personally with Terri. This is a super-intense class with a maximum of 4 students over a 5-day period. We focus on your skill and creativity and how we can expand what you know and what you do. Each day will include business topics as well so that you have an understanding of the industry and how to move forward.
Our makeup classes are 5 days long and 35-40 hours for the aspiring professional. Please note there is no official certification or licensing in the state of Texas.
Costs and dates of Level 2 Advanced Makeup are below:
Level 2 Advanced Makeup
Register For Level 2 Advanced Makeup
Policies and Procedures
Upon registering online you will receive an invoice via email for the corresponding deposit or payment. This is due upon receipt and can be paid online. You do not have a reserved place until the invoice is paid. Invoices that are unpaid will be voided after 10 days.
Details on Costs: Unless otherwise noted costs include kit, supplies, models, and photography fees. Students deposit is included in the cost of the course.
Payment Schedule, Refunds, and Cancelations: Intensive 10 Day Classes
- You must pay a $200 deposit upon registration to reserve a place in class. Upon registering you will receive an invoice via email for your deposit. This can be paid online and is valid for 10 days. Registrations received without a deposit are voided. (Classes may also be paid in full upon registration.)
- One month from start date, students will receive an invoice for the remaining balance
- Deposits are refundable up to three weeks before class begins minus a service fee of $25.00
- Cancelations within 2 weeks of start date qualify for a full refund minus deposit ($200) and a service fee of $75. ($275 total)
- Payment is due in full two weeks prior to start date.
- No refunds will be given once class begins. Missed days may be made up during another session only with specific permission from the instructor. Students will have one year to make up any time or class.
- Students who are not able to attend class and notify MTA prior to their start date may be eligible to transfer to the next available class at no additional cost. This is based on a case-by-case situation. Once a student has been allowed to transfer to another class, they forfeit any refunds if they are not able to attend
- Students must conduct themselves in a professional manner and treat their fellow classmates the same. Any student found to be mistreating any other student will be asked to leave and will not be eligible for a refund.
- Students are expected to be in attendance every day. Any missed time must be made up to complete the course. Students missing more than 7 hours of class will not receive their certificate of completion.
- Classes begin at 10 and students are expected to be in class and ready to learn at 10 sharp.
- There will be no concealed guns or weapons of any kind tolerated in the studio. We also have a no drug and no alcohol policy while in class.
- There is no smoking on the premises, this includes the patio area.
- Parking may be done on the street or in any of the interior parking garages in the area. These garages are free to visitors.
- Cell phones need to be put away during class and calls are not permitted. If you need to take or make an important call you may excuse yourself from class.
- Please keep all drinks and liquids in “kitchen” area.
- You are expected to clean up after yourself. At the end of the day, stations need to be straightened and cleaned and trash gathered.
- The inventory and cleanliness of each kit is your responsibility. Lost or misplaced makeup will not be replaced. You much operate out of the kit you are given.
- Do not remove or “borrow” anything off of Terri’s station or kit without explicit permission.
- MTA is not responsible for job placement once you have completed class.
- The state of Texas offers no licensing or certification for makeup artists. Your certificate of completion may be used for employment applications or professional discounts, however, offers you no legal benefits.
For more information on the Level 2 makeup training course, please call 800.531.5092, or email: moc.y1582153354medac1582153354agnin1582153354iartp1582153354uekam1582153354@ofni1582153354
Please note: All Level 2 classes are held at The Makeup Training Academy, which is located at 15713 Quorum Drive, in Addison, Texas (which is in the Dallas metro area).
*There is no legal certification in the state of Texas.